The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is dedicated to harnessing the unifying power of sports to improve race relations and drive social progress. We are seeking a Vice President, Development to lead our corporate and foundation philanthropic initiatives. Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will help lead RISE’s revenue expansion and development. The ideal candidate will be responsible for successfully positioning RISE as the go-to philanthropic investment for corporations, foundations and individuals with an interest in race, athletes and activism. The candidate will be in charge of identifying, pursuing and solidifying major grants from corporations and foundations and other private revenue opportunities for RISE. This position is based in our Midtown New York office.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major corporate and individual donors.
- Develop effective relationships with corporate and foundation philanthropic leaders.
- Oversee grant seeking, including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements.
- Work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors and participate in staff-board development meetings.
- Work closely with other vice presidents to ensure development opportunities align with programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with communications and marketing staff to ensure development initiatives align with branding and messaging and vice versa.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about RISE with the philanthropic community.
- Supervise and collaborate with future fundraising staff.
- Maintain gift recognition program and database of related gifts and donors/prospects.
- Dedication to RISE’s mission and goals.
- At least five years of professional experience in fundraising.
- Demonstrated success in securing significant funding from corporations.
- Demonstrated success in securing and implementing major grants from foundations.
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts from individuals.
- Willingness to leverage existing relationships in the corporate, foundation and philanthropic community in support of RISE’s mission.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and writing skills.
- Skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers to invest time and funds in the organization.
- Commitment to honesty, reliability and integrity.
$110,000 to $130,000
Submit a cover letter and resume to Info@RISEtoWIN.org